Facebook show notifications even after i have deleted them? how do i stop it?

I have made a comment on a post and has gotten more than enough replies to it, turned down the notifications on the comment but every time i open the app, for a few minutes or until i click on the bell it still shows a high number showing the ones i havent read since turning it off. like it would read 30 i would... show more I have made a comment on a post and has gotten more than enough replies to it, turned down the notifications on the comment but every time i open the app, for a few minutes or until i click on the bell it still shows a high number showing the ones i havent read since turning it off. like it would read 30 i would open it and show one on another post/comment or none at all
Update: and sometimes it would just quickly count down from the high number and stay on the proper number
1 answer 1