Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 6 months ago

Why does society see you as a loser if you have no kids, no wife and never been married, and you like an apartment instead of a house.?

I’m 38 and according to American society, I’m a loser. I like apartments or condone over a house. However I’d rather have the house when I can afford it so I can smoke weed in the backyard while tripping on acid as I look through my telescope at night.

Also, I have no kids. Don’t want to spread the genes I have. also like me time.

My parents were jerks and so am I.

Never been married. I would like to “have fun” but even that is an impossibility. So I’ll stick to video games when I’m not working.

Favorite Answer

society judges people harshly and often unfairly, its all to do with social hierarchy, which is a false construct.

Society hasn't much to brag about, now, does it.

Your question spreads in all directions like a garden sprinkler; were you actually on acid when you wrote it? :)

• Bobo

Society sees you as a loser because you have no accomplishments in your life. Perhaps your work provides you with some sense of accomplishment, but your personal life says "it's all about me and I choose to self-indulge". Society owes you nothing, so don't give it a second thought.

Gosh, I don't know you weed smoking acid tripping 38 year old gamer.

• 6 months agoReport

Also what’s wrong with a 38 yr old gamer??? Don’t we all have hobbies????