pIs it normal for middle schoolers to be nervous about going to highschool?

I remember at one point when I started 8th grade, I was very nervous about going to highschool. However in my case I was nervous to the point where I was afraid that I was going to end up being bullied severely once I was in highschool because nobody wanted to date me. For example I was afraid that I was going to have people ( especially people on the football and cheerleading teams) do things such as placing me in trash cans or shoving me into lockers, pretty much anything you see in the movies. However luckily the highschools I went to weren't like that. So is it normal to be this paranoid about going to highschool? Also I'm asking this for educational reasons, I'm not dwelling on the past or anything.

• edward

I suppose it’s normal but mu school was part of an escalator system. Almost everyone in my class had been together since kindergarten. I didn’t have a reason to be nervous about it.

• Charlie6 months agoReport

This could be because you stayed in one place. While I was growing up I was basically moving from place to play.

• Mark

Yes!

I remember back in 2OO5 when I had started

hs how nervous I'd felt that day didn't stop

shaking until it was time to head home too!

• Charlie6 months agoReport

I started highschool in 2010.