Timing 04 altima 2.5 L?

Is their a default position I can put the crankshaft and camshafts in to ensure the timing is correct? I'm aware that for my car atleast when it's in top dead center the lobes on camshafts point outwards, I just dont know if they are always pointing outwards at tdc. If the revolutions of camshaft and... show more Is their a default position I can put the crankshaft and camshafts in to ensure the timing is correct? I'm aware that for my car atleast when it's in top dead center the lobes on camshafts point outwards, I just dont know if they are always pointing outwards at tdc. If the revolutions of camshaft and crankshaft are to 1 to 1 it should work but i dont know if they are. If they arent 1 to 1 would I still be able to just put them in that position or would that mess something else due to the timing of something else. If that's not a valid solution how do you suggest fixing the timing if the crankshaft was moved an unknown amount accidentally after camshafts were removed? Please dont suggest professional help I'm a really poor college student. Thanks for any help :)
3 answers 3