is core i5 9400f (without integrated graphic) good for video editing and gaming ultra?

its fitted with a 1050ti and 8 gb of ram with an ssd

Favorite Answer

For gaming ultra I would recommend using a dedicated GPU over the processors inbuilt. 1050 is probably fine for 1080p with most games.

If you want higher resolution such as 4k I'd maybe upgrade but ot be honest I'd maybe wait till the next generation of cards.

The CPU should be fine for most games buit I think I would say that gaming is coming to a point where games are starting to utilise cpu more than in the past, up to now you can use a 5 year (or more) old i5 and be fine but newer games are starting to push things a little more than they did. I would say its fine for nopw but if you are a serious gamer assume you will need to upgrade within a few years.

Depending on games I would maybe go with 16gb ram right now and leave the cpu/gpu till you see how things go.

you need more ram then that i have 23 and ssds dont work

barely acceptable, imho. video editing and ultra gaming really need far more graphic power

• David

The Nvidia 1050ti would be considered an entry level gaming card and so you won't be able to play the latest games at high levels, games produced about 4-5years ago can be played at medium settings but still not ultra. For video editing you need a fast multicore processor and large amounts of RAM ideally 16GB or more

• Mark

I'd be inclined to double the RAM to 16GB. Also, why aren't the graphics integrated? Gaming won't matter so much, but for editing, it does.

Yes it would be enough hardware for video editing and gaming.