Is Timothy 2:12 talking about a specific women or all women?

Timothy 2:9 I want women to adorn themselve with proper clothing.

2:10 as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

2:11 a women must quietly receive instruction with entire submissionness.

2:12 but I do not allow a women to teach or exercise authority over a man but to remain quiet

2:15 but women will be preserved through bearing.

Do anyone else notice the switch from plural in 9 and 10 to singler in 11 and 12 and back to plural in 15. Paul switch his focus from Women to A Women.

To me it sounds like he was directing this passage to a particular women. A women who was teaching false doctrine saying eve was made before adam and women have authority over a women.thats why paul stated adam was made first and eve was the one who was tricked. He was more correcting the teaching then trying to say men have authority over wimen.he also say a women dont have authority over a man sounding like he was directing that to Timothy himself and who have been writing letters to paul possibly talking about this women.

Favorite Answer

He is quite obviously addressing the women in the church.

You're sharp, and very observant, but I think it's directed at all women. They're not supposed to interrupt services with questions or gossip (neither are men), and they shouldn't try to take control of congregations, for now, anyway.

Either all women

or: specifically Christian women.

Given the context

I would say that Paul is instructing Timothy (the pastor of a church) regarding what Timothy should be expecting from members of his church, especially while they are in attendance at the church.

Paul is referring to all women in the Christian community.

Discussing about tenses in translations is useless. Refer always to the original Greek text, which makes perfect sense and is crystal clear in this regard.

• Brigh5 months agoReport

Then you tell me why in all the other letters he discribes women as smart teachers and preachers? I got mine from the most accurrate English translation in the world nasb. This wasnt a mistranslation he meant it. A woman mean one person who women mean all. Why wasnt he clear on this then?

JEHOVAH GOD created Adam first, then Eve. Before Eve’s creation, Adam gained experience in living. During this time, Jehovah gave him certain instructions. (Genesis 2:15-20) Serving as God’s spokesman, Adam was to transmit these to his wife. Logically, then, he would take the lead in all matters involving worship.

Source(s): Man and Woman​—A Dignified Role for Each https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007041#h=1:0-...

I think I'm looking at two two different translations with the variation on words and in your translation you are debating over ideas and words that don't exist.

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety

• Brigh5 months agoReport

I got mine from the most accurate translation in the world nasb. Where did you get yours?

The Lord is talking about all women. There is no such thing as a "woman pastor". All "women pastors" are against Jesus Christ and hate the truth

.

-----

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

No I do not think so, he is talking about women in general. IF it was "a" it would say WOMAN not women.

• Brigh5 months agoReport

My fault I typed to wrong word. Just switch them around