How can one calmly and sensibly convince a believer that God is not Love?

God promised to send suffering and pestilence, and kept his promises more than once. God promised grief and strife for people, war and epidemics, what happened and is happening today. But at the same time, people do not see this point blank and continue to praise the one who exterminates them. People gather in communities and make processions, people admit guilt and consider themselves slaves, so how do God deal with such people? And those who rebelled against God, in fact, we know that they are valiant and courageous, but today they have been denigrated. Lucifer, and he is Prometheus, the first to rebel against Tyrant and the Murderer, Adversary and just the Slayer, but what do we see today? We see people singing Hallelujah to this executioner again, glorifying and crying out to him, how is it that people lost their last mind? How can you call him love? Who do you really think he is?

No of course not because God doesn't just give love, HE IS LOVE.

That's like trying to get a child whose parents whacked him for being naughty, to believe that his parents aren't love. The child knows he deserved the whack or punishment or correction or whatever it was, and we, as God's children, also deserve what we get from God because He is our loving heavenly Father.

So there's a problem with God's children trying to convince other children of His that their Father is not love, when they know He is.

You are the one who is wrong, not the child who understands God's love is always for our benefit and help and blessing.

God says His chastening is not grievous but it produces the glorious fruits of righteousness to those who will agree to be corrected by it - or words to that effect in Hebrews.

• 1.0

Incidentally, any parent who tortured a child for disobedience would be arrested and the child taken away. Why do Christians passively accept that kind of cruelty from their god and say that he's like a caring parent?

• Nous

All DECENT people are appalled at the terrible intolerance, hatred, bigotry, homophobia and persecution posted by Christians towards others!

No other religion is so hateful towards others!

So try and find a Christian post about a loving god on here! Almost certainly impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try another - try and find a Christian post that is not intolerant, hateful, bigoted, homophobic or persecuting! Again, probably impossible!

He doesn't exterminate people who believe in Him. Man does, but God does not.

One could "calmly and sensibly" try to do that but, since we already know that God is love, he would fail.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Hogie

That's really smart on your part... to blame God for what mankind does to one another. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here that eludes you.

Jesus died for your sins, in order to spare us from a lost eternity. If God didn't love you Jesus would not have had to die.

:)

My God has some choice words for you too... (lol... I love it).

To the wicked person, God says:

“What right have you to recite my laws

or take my covenant on your lips?

You hate my instruction

and cast my words behind you.

When you see a thief, you join with him;

you throw in your lot with adulterers.

You use your mouth for evil

and harness your tongue to deceit.

You sit and testify against your brother

and slander your own mother’s son.

When you did these things and I kept silent,

you thought I was exactly like you.

But I now arraign you

and set my accusations before you.

Consider this, you who forget God,

or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you:

Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me,

and to the blameless I will show my salvation."

Absolutely....

My God, whom I bow in humble adoration to... will take pleasure (do you hear me?) TAKE PLEASURE in ruining and destroying you.

And I will take pleasure watching Him do it.

Judgment Day is alllllmost heeeeerrrre.

PS. I would not worship God if He didn't destroy evil in all its forms and ugliness.

• Ambar

Yes, God is love. But love doesn’t mean condoning wrongdoing. God is Love, he is a God of righteousness, justice, and wisdom. In the past when God brought judgments against ungodly people, he was “setting a pattern for ungodly persons of things to come.” (2 Peter 2:5, 6)

The pattern:

First, God established that even though it pains him to destroy people, he does take note of cruel people who cause suffering and holds them accountable for their actions. In time, he will end all injustice and suffering.

Second, the pattern of God’s past actions establishes that God lovingly warns people before executing judgment. Noah was a preacher of righteousness, but most people ignored him. The Bible says: “They took no note until the flood came and swept them all away.”—Matthew 24:39.

Another example, he warned his people Israel that if they turned to wickedness as the nations around them had, he would allow enemies to invade their land; destroy their capital, Jerusalem; and carry them off into exile. Israel did turn to wickedness—even carrying out child sacrifice. Jehovah God did act, but only after sending prophets to warn his people, again and again, to change their ways before it was too late. He even said: “The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.”—Amos 3:7.

God said: “I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living.” (Ezekiel 33:11) God does what is necessary, but takes no pleasure in the destruction of the unrepentant wrongdoers.

“Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance” – 2 Peter 3:9

What about today? God does not cause the natural disasters occurring today, but he is concerned about people who are affected by them. Natural disasters are one of the causes of suffering that God’s Kingdom will eliminate. In the meantime, God provides comfort for those who are affected by natural disasters.—2 Corinthians 1:3

The following link answers questions like: “ Why can we be sure that natural disasters are not punishment from God? Are natural disasters a sign of the times? And How does God help victims of natural disasters?” … https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/na...

See also … https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/ab...

Love already has a definition, and the word "god" is not part of it.

A god of love would not flood a planet.

A god of love would not have set such a programme in motion.

Everything that happens is because bibel-god decided this would be the best plan.

If bibel-god existed nothing could happen without his permission.

The existence of a god is quite ludicrous.

Gods and MAGIC are the most ludicrous things primitive man ever come up with to explain anything

If you can explain a god without a creator,

You can explain a universe without a creator.

~

• Climate Realist

He calls it "special pleading" while having no idea what "special pleading" is. Special pleading is not applying the same rules to one thing as to everyone else. Saying "every house" means that the Universe is like everything else, not unlike everything else.