Do you agree with destroying a child's belongings as a punishment when they purposely break something of yours or someone else's?

Normally I don't condone destroying a child's belongings, after all it's not only childish but it sends the wrong message. However if the child purposely breaks something of yours or someone else's then that to me is a fair punishment. After all if an adult does something like that then you'd... show more Normally I don't condone destroying a child's belongings, after all it's not only childish but it sends the wrong message. However if the child purposely breaks something of yours or someone else's then that to me is a fair punishment. After all if an adult does something like that then you'd probably do the same thing to get even with them. So do you agree with this type of punishment if they purposely destroy something of yours or someone else's?