Tapering off Xanax with zzzquil. Is that safe?

My Xanax tolerance has gotten way too high where I need like at least 4mg to feel an good effect (and that’s including smoking weed with it). I want to quit xans completely, but know the withdraws process is both hard and dangerous. Last night I took 3mg if Xanax and 2 zzzquil liquid gels (the normal dosage for... show more My Xanax tolerance has gotten way too high where I need like at least 4mg to feel an good effect (and that’s including smoking weed with it). I want to quit xans completely, but know the withdraws process is both hard and dangerous. Last night I took 3mg if Xanax and 2 zzzquil liquid gels (the normal dosage for zzzquil) and I felt like I was in like double the Xanax. I’m thinking of tonight taking 3mg of xans and 2 zzzquil tabs and see how that affects me. I know this can start another addiction with Xanax and zzzquil together, but I plan on tapering off Xanax, decreasing my dosage at night, then eventually just using zzzquil to fall asleep. And eventually just smoke pot. I know Xanax withdrawals can also be dangerous, so I’m asking someone who has went through this. Is this a safe way to stop Xanax? Are Xanax and zzzquil a safe combo?
3 answers 3