Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 10 months ago

My friend won't save her money?

My friend and her kids got kicked out of her place so I let her come stay with me until she got back on her feet. I'm not supposed to have anyone living here but me. So I'm basically risking getting kicked out for her. She makes way more money than I do. And she's not saving it up. I don't make her pay rent and We both buy groceries. It's really frustrating . I don't want to lose my friend , I don't want to put her and her children on the street what else can I do?

This is almost exactly the situation that I went through. Thankfully, I was not very good friends with the mooch. I had to kick her out.

You have to make it clear to her that she s not allowed to stay long, (give a time limit) and she needs to save. If she fails to do this, you have to kick her out. If she truly cares about you, she ll understand and comply. You are at risk of losing your house by letting her stay, and if she s trying to stay forever, you re gonna get screwed in the end. She needs to get a move on. Look out for yourself.

It s tough sh!t if she fails to cooperate and forces her own kids on the street because she decided to take advantage of you. The guilt will be on her hands, her kids are NOT your responsibility. Good luck with speaking to her. I hope you come to a deal that works out.

You are going above and beyond what most people would do for their friends.

The fact you are risking getting kicked out combined with her taking advantage of your generosity, is incredible.

Things will likely continue if you don’t push for the changes you want and deserve.

Give her a date that she has to move out and start asking for partial rent.

If she needs referrals for homeless shelters, she can call our Hotline- we are open 24/7 to help anyone with any difficult situation.

Take care,

SM, Counselor

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

What s your source?

Www.parenting.org

www.yourlifeyourvoice.org

__

Hello ejkd fbfj fjfnr f nfnrnrjr

Just don’t bother with it.

This is what happens when you let someone move in bag and baggage, scott free.

why not charge her a reduced rent--take that money and put it away for her in a bank acct.--and present it to her when she has enough for security and first and last month's rent. don't withdraw until she has all that set up and her bags packed!

Sit down and make house rules and roommate agreements. Just about every well run home has them. Very helpful. Defines responsibilities, defines who pays what, cleans what, cooks when. That way, when a roommate isn't working out, you deal with it like business. You don't owe her a free place for her and her kids to stay. You just don't. Wanting to help, which you clearly do, does not mean you need to be a pushover victim.

Make a roommate agreement, including a move out date, and require it be respected.

Bu inviting multiple people to live with you in a rental that is supposed to be rented to only one person is setting yourself and everyone else. You likely started resenting it right off the bat.

Your friend is leeching you. Kick her out.

• paul

she is using you

She'll continue to mooch off you as long as you let her.