Mamta asked in PetsOther - Pets · 6 months ago

Are Granny Smith apple branches safe for my bunny to eat?

I have a 7-8 month old bunny and I was wondering if I could give it Granny Smith branches to chew on for it s teeth. I tried looking it up but I m not getting any information. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Apple branches are perfectly safe for rabbits --- provided they have not been sprayed with any pesticides, etc and that they aren't picked from trees that were polluted by car exhaust (busy roadside).

Wood is not at all critical to wear down a rabbit's teeth. Hay (or grass) is what does that. It is only the chewing of hay/grass that causes a rabbit to grind its teeth together while chewing. Chewing wood is somethng some rabbits will enjoy doing. Others will ignore wood chews.

I only know apple wood and bark is not toxic and often used for chew toys and logs for pets, rabbits specifically, I am not positive of. Common for rodents.