Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology ยท 6 months ago

Having rude/insulting thoughts?

I continuously have rude and insulting thoughts whenever I look at a person. I always feel ashamed about it (as I do not mean to think these things, and I don't enjoy thinking them) and I always try to correct it to something more positive

are these thoughts considered to be intrusive, or are they somehow linked to who I am as a person?

• Tom
    Favorite Answer

Don't worry about it.---So long as you maintain self control and actually do what is right.. You only think about it because you KNOW those are the things you are NOT supposed to do or say.-----Like a mental "keep off the grass" sign. That is GOOD. WHAT if you didn't have those thoughts? you could make a terrible mistake. You doing what is called SELF DICIPLINE, which is a virtue. Acting right, no mater WHAT you feel or think.

• Tony6 months agoReport

I have a hard time with feeling like glass

It is good that you often feel ashamed of them, if you didn't, then there would be a program. Your superego is trying to guide you in the right direction, but the ID is making you have negative and insulting thoughts. This can also be linked to inner hatred of self that is being projected (even if that verbally) onto other people. You just need to take a broader outlook on life and understand that everyone is a person, like you, and that they may look, act and be different but that is okay and that is what makes humanity humanity. Just learn to find the beauty in that and you should be able to stop those thoughts.

Source

AP Psychology LMAO

Trying to correct those thoughts shows that you are a nice person who wants to do good. What sort of thoughts do you have if you could give me an example? Maybe you have a critical mind, where you some up the imperfections in everything you see. It doesnโ€™t mean you think negatively of that person or thing, youโ€™re just analytical minded. The only downside to having a mind like this is youโ€™re probably just as, if not more, judgmental of yourself.

• Yes. You have a conscientious personality. If you want to get some help with these thought, attenuating them to some degree, consult a mental physician.

• j153e

Talk with a general counselor at https://www.hopefortheheart.org

Sometimes a subconscious anxiety surfaces as rude thoughts in a social interaction. Not that uncommon, and because you are bothered and wish to change, counseling is a good help.

Related:

Understanding Yourself by Mark Prophet.

maybe you should get some counseling, it might help you out

• GA41

There is a battle being waged in our mind for control of our hearts. On the one hand, the mind of the flesh is vying for influence promoting our base desires. On the other hand the mind of the Spirit is vying for influence to promote holiness and love. This is a normal part of our Spiritual Battle. The thoughts are intrusive, and it is linked to the sinful nature that all humans possess. --->"5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. (Romans 8:5-6). ----->"21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in Godโ€™s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:21-25)

Please see your doctor thanks for a referral to

A psychologist that can help you, sometimes

They use medication but that is doctorโ€™s call.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Study