should i see a ear doctor or wait?

i went to a metal concert the other night and ended up not quite front row but second to front row of the stage it was loud but nothing like i haven't seen before for a metal concert and at a point the singer did a scream that was massive and my ears were ringing heavy all the rest of the night ..its the end of the next day after and its faded a lot but there is still a slight leftover ringing when im in dead silence ..im seriously scared i may have damaged my ears but most the ppl i know are saying wait sometimes it takes a few days to clear up :/

• He isn't going to help.

This is why many middle aged men wish they'd worn ear plugs at some concerts.

• Danny

I 'll make an exception in not giving "medical" advice, since I kind been there, 'done that. I was exposed to many years of loud rock bands, some drag race cars, and some large military fire.

Your initial recovery is good, so you can relax on that. If it soon gets worse, to where you can't hear normal conversation, have pain, or your balance gets wobbly, get some help. For you, if attending a University with a med school, you may get it there. I expect there has been some permanent loss, in high frequencies (because that's the bandwidth that's common).

The assistance is basically going to be a thorough exam that won't hurt, followed by advice. Here's the advice: Don't do this again. Don't park yourself directly up front of a big act, big speaker, or big amp. If/when doing so anyway - or around race cars, guns, some power tools, etc. - wear hearing protection, at least like pro-grade rated ear plugs (cotton is useless). Don't remove one so your friend can yell in your ear, either.

Mother nature just gave you a little smack about the rules. Take the lesson, as they will add up to a net loss. Resistance is futile.

Source(s): Retired with scars in abundance.

Have your earz zyringed...profezzionally (Been there.....It waz the great Van Der Graaf Generator :)

Extra earwax produced to protect eardrum...air between the wax clumpz cauzez the ringing

az your earz are procezzing zoundz, and

do that azap..ok?

Call a good pharmacy if your GP doez not have the authorized ztaff to do it..

ATB

• Me2

"Extra earwax produced to protect eardrum...air between the wax clumpz cauzez the ringing"  That is complete nonsense.  Can you even spell "tinnitus"?

• Quato

I recommend ignoring it completely and not worrying at all, if you fixate on the fact that your ears are ringing it's going to get worse, speaking from experience.

• Janet

You have permanently damaged the hair cells in your cochlia (inner ear). The doctor cannot do anything about it. As long as you stay away from music that loud you will not incur further damage.The ringing may clear up, it may not. But clearing up does NOT mean your hair cells have healed. They will remain damaged for the rest of your life, and every time you are around loud music there will be a bit more damage, until you end up noticing that you don't hear very well anymore.

I doubt it's permanent and if it is I don't think there's much a doctor can do about it. Probably want to avoid letting this happen too often lest it turns into a long term problem though, it seems to me.

Probably better to read this than take my advice though because I'm an idiot.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tin...