Should I wear no makeup to the dermatologist about my acne?

I have like these blind pimples on the side of my cheek under my skin I can't get rid of and I'm really self conscious and don't want to go without wearing makeup.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can wear it and the nurse will clean if off or give you something to wipe it off with before they see you. Also carry your make up with so after the appointment you can put it back on. Also show them what make up you are using as this may also be a cause of the pimples.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

of course you should not wear makeup. Take with you what you normally use so you can show him. Take a shower--you can control that. Don't wear makeup to this appointment--you're going for help with something you can't control and no one in the car next to you will know or care..

• 6 months ago

when I did this I had a rlly hard time, but I just kept a bit of makeup under my eyes and left the acne out, keep your makeup with you for when you’re done

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Just be ready to take it off once you get there. The doctor can't really examine your skin if you are wearing make-up. I'm perplexed as to why you thought he or she could do so.

Take make-up removing wipes with you, or they will use their own, but it really would be best for you to go bare-faced.

• Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

And get to the appointment early enough to allow plenty of time to thoroughly remove your make-up before being called for your turn to see the doctor.
      Removal is not something to be done on the doctor’s time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The doctor needs to see your bare skin. Don't wear makeup to the appointment.

• 6 months ago

Might be best to ask them.

• 6 months ago

Because you are really self-conscious about not wearing makeup, that is all the more reason you should NOT wear it. I am a full grown woman, and I rarely wear it. Almost never. Fine by me and the people around me.

• Taylor6 months agoReport

And I doubt you have acne

• 6 months ago

I am afraid to leave my flat without the shower. It is a psychological problem similar to yours. Consult your doctor.

• 6 months ago

They'll have wipes to wipe the makeup off to examine you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.