I left my laptop unused in the closet for a few months and now it doesn't turn on, what could it be?

I've plugged in the charger and that little on the side of the laptop is on but when I press the power button it just doesn't turn on.

• David
    Favorite Answer

Most likely the battery charge has dropped so low that protection circuits in the laptop prevent it from charging. Try leaving it on charge for 24h, if no better take it to a tech

it either needs to be charged or it's worn out

• Bill-M

You choice for best answer left out something. REMOVE the Battery and try it on AC only.

THEN if the PC works OK, Put the Battery back in and charge it.

try owner's manual under troubleshooting

a completely dead battery needs more time to charge up, give it about 2 hours if it still doesn't turn on, try taking the battery out for a few seconds, and putting it back in. And if that doesn't work you might just have to go to the computer shop and ask them to fix it. (It's probably a hardware issue)

Batteries need to be charged