Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 3 months ago

Do you have to have Prostatitis if you have a UTI as a male?

My doctor said I had a UTI after urinalysis. He then immediately concluded that I have Prostatitis (I'm 20..). Do you automatically get bacterial prostatitis if you get a UTI? I feel no pain at all, just some minor skin irritation (dry skin) on the penis. Most people with Prostatitis I know are experiencing agonizing pain and all I have is some dry skin and frequent trips to the bathroom at mornings.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

NO!!! Your doctor is almost certainly right if he ordered lab tests to diagnose the UTI. And NO! UTI's do NOT cause problems with the skin of your dik. There are different strains of bacteria that cause UTI's and I would guess that the strain you have is mostly associated with prostate infection. Prostate infections do NOT cause "excruciating pain," though they sometimes cause bright red piss or bright red ji z. AND, you know very few "people with protatitus" It's only among men and it's not common among men your age. A man's urinary tract includes kidneys, bladder, prostate and urethra. Any of these can become inflamed or infected. If the doc ordered antibiotics, take them ALL as prescribed.

Source(s): BTW, men and women can get UTI's but only men can get prostatitus.
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

A UTI can affect any, or several, of the following organs: Kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra, prostate.

The most common location is the bladder, with the kidneys comming a strong second.

As you are only 20, the prostate is the last place I'd suspect without significant further evidence.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

you see a better qualified doctor as you don't have that at your age

• ron h
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

dumb answer. Prostatitus is INFLAMMATION. It's NOT BPH or cancer which would re REALLY rare in a 20 year old man. Of COURSE he could have a UTI, and I'd believe the doctor who ordered lab tests until there's a reason to not trust the doctor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.