Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 5 months ago

I have had loose stool for a year now is it Ibs?

The doctor did a blood test on me and everything came back normal so she diagnosed me with ibs however I have had diarrhea /loose stool for a year. I’m frustrated because I do have anxiety but it isn’t constant and it seems like an extreme amount of loos stool for an entire year for it to be ibs. What else could it be?

• TedEx

A colonoscopy might be in order. It could be ulcerative colitis

• kelvin

you see a better doctor as there is no such thing as a blood test for IBS

Aside from medical conditions, the loose stools could be caused by intolerance to certain foods such as those with fructose, sugar alcohols and coffee. Check the link below for more information. You can try to eliminate each food category one at a time until you find if any of them are triggering your condition.

Yahoo answers is not going to give you as accurate of an answer as your doctor. If you don't believe your doctor then you should get a second opinion from another medical professional.

• Mark

Celiac disease.

But loose stool for a year is common with IBS.

• kelvin

no it isn't and i know my wife has it