Phenoxymethylpenicillin?

I have tonsillitis so I’m taking Phenoxymethylpenicillin (8 tablets a day) , in wondering if this gets rid of UTIs and STDs aswell of curing my tonsillitis as I have a weird smell going on down there and I don’t know what it is , will this get rid of it ?

• k w

so, you're taking prescription medicine without a doctor ?

• k w

we're not doctors here, ask the doctor or pharmacist, not here......

Probably the cause of the smell. penecillin changes your gut microbiome.

It'll get rid of your UTI if the infective bacteria is sensitive to penicillin. If it's resistant then it won't do much at all. This is why we do urinalysis when urine samples are sent to pathology labs. To ascertain what species of bacteria may be causing a particular infection, and what antibiotics are most effective at eliminating them. Indiscriminately taking antibiotics is not very effective.

• Lili

You usually need targeted antibiotics for UTIs and STDs. See your doctor if you think something's wrong.

Are you feeling any itching, pain, or burning? Unusual discharge? If not, it's unlikely you have an infection. Still, if something doesn't seem right, get medical advice.