Joseph H asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 6 months ago

my granddaughter 32yo behaves like a 16 yo . She is unmanageable. Unemployable and has no money. What to do with her?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Stop enabling her and giving her money and things.

• Oiy
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Do just what any Grandma should do, supporting and inspiring her day and night.

• 6 months ago

Sounds like she lives with you, and sounds like you are not expecting much from her.

• y
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Common issue now a days and no one has been able to figure this one out as of yet. Good luck.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

How about start with some compassion? How dare you talk about your granddaughter with ‘what to do with her.’ You sound like a judgmental, condescending grandmother, no wonder she turned out the way she did. She needs help and guidance, not you making her feel like a failure. You’re only making things worse

• 6 months ago

Yes she has been evaluated by a psychiatrist. She is not an addict. Where do you turn for help for her. She is of age and we have no legal authority over her. She is broke and unmotivated to do anything she is told.

• alexis
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Has she been evaluated psychologically? There could be something mentally that is either stunting her mental growth, or is making her hold back her potential. If she hasn't, I'd encourage her to do so if I were you. Is there a chance she is an addict? Either way, psychological intervention would be needed but there are disorders that mentally stunt people. Just spoke to a bagger last week and she said her son was 32 but acted in his 20s because of mental problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.