Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 12 months ago

Should I really wash my car that I don't even get to drive?

I bought my car with money but my dads name is on the title and he's paying for the insurance. I'm almost 18, yet he never lets me drive it. It's filthy and trashed inside from where HE drove it and he complained about it. I will wash it if I actually got to drive it, otherwise what's the use if it's just going to sit in the driveway? I have my license and he said I'm a great driver yet he won't even let me go anywhere in it. Makes zero sense. Only time I'm able to drive alone is when I'm at my moms in her car.

You should ask if he wants to buy it off you. Or don't let him drive it. You paid for it.

Get a job and buy your own car and insurance. Then move out on your own like a man should do.

• D J

Usually cars are purchased with money, do you mean your money? If it is your car, keep it clean.

• Erik

Do whatever you want. Did you really have to come on here and ask this?

• Scott

If your dad's name is on the title, then it's your dad's car, not yours.

You are not 18 and can't legally own anything. That's why the car was put in his name. Keep acting like an immature brat and it's likely he won't let you have the car when you turn 18. Your choice.

Kick your dad’s ***. The old man is the same way. His excuse was that he needed to break it in first. That went for a year. Then I told him that if he’s not going to let me drive it then he’ll have to pay me for it or I’ll kick his ***.

Your parents should be required to pay for your car. You should not move out until you are 30 either