Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

Why do I work hard when everyone else takes it easy?

So, I don't ever want to lose my job, so i work hard, really hard. Even in crappy retail jobs where my co workers are drugged up or drunk. I have people that come in everyday, but the moment I'm late once it's a major crime. It's like I'm held to a higher standard. I've started getting angry now with manager for letting all te been work pile on me. This is not the first time it's happened. My coworkers like me, but I can't stand them. How can I change this pattern?

You can start liking everyone.

If it gets too hard you must leave.

loosen up. If you’re always uptight.. people will expect more from you because they know you’re more serious about getting things done. Your coworkers probably doesn’t take their job as serious as you so when they mess up, people let them go thinking they didn’t know any better.

Because you are a hard worker. That's an admirable quality, diligence. But sometimes you need to learn how to work smarter. Don't let your manager manipulate you because he/she sees you as someone who's willing to work. Learn how to say you are tired, or your coworkers need to contribute to the company than slack off or you will go find another place to work where you would be appreciated.

I meant, my coworkers come in LATE everyday