Amber asked in Social ScienceSociology · 6 months ago

In a crisis right now, if that’s what you call it?

I’m really stuck in a mental hole and I don’t know what to do. I’m a 20 year old CNA with a 9 month old baby and after doing this type of work for a year and seeing what you go through and how stressful it can be on a person, I just don’t want to do it anymore. The pay is OK but working from facility to facility is so stressful and It’s harder on me being only 5’3 and 123 pds. handling people WAAAYY above my weight limit and having to come home to a child who takes more energy out of me. I’m also in the process of starting my own business in hopes that it brings in enough money so that I won’t have to work while in school. I wanted to become a Nurse but other nurses that I’ve encountered who have no passion, no humbleness, or no patience made me re-think my major very quickly because they put more stress on the aides and me personally. . I don’t want to pick up those habits and be that person. I want to major in a non-clinical job in the Healthcare field that doesn’t require as much stress as being a clinical worker. As for right now, I don’t know what else to do besides CNA work. I really want another job but it’s hard finding another when having this certification gets you through the door faster than anything.

• Will

Maybe you are looking for jobs in the wrong area. I don't know much at all about that field of work, but if you can have a job at a hospital and you love kids, maybe you could find a job at a children's hospital. It could benefit you since you have a little one yourself.

If you wanted to become a nurse because you liked the idea, then stick to it. You will find disgruntled people in EVERY career path. Teachers, doctors, truck drivers, McDonald's, accounting, everywhere. Those bad attitudes will only become yours if you allow it to. They are disgruntled for their reasons and you might become so for an entirely different reason.

In regards to your little one draining your energy, well what did you expect? That is what ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL parents feel like. That's part of being a parent. Where is the father? If there is no father present, I guess you could start looking for a guy who doesn't mind baggage and would help raise the baby.

i would just do something else if you feel that way