Help with an alcoholic dad?

Here is some background information: my mom just recently passed away about a month ago from cancer, my dad was very distraught during the last few months of my mom s (his wife) life. He drank so much that he went to the hospital for low hemoglobin because he wasn t consuming anything except for liquor. My dad has... show more Here is some background information: my mom just recently passed away about a month ago from cancer, my dad was very distraught during the last few months of my mom s (his wife) life. He drank so much that he went to the hospital for low hemoglobin because he wasn t consuming anything except for liquor. My dad has always been a heavy drinker but never have i had to actually deal with his drinking; my mom always has. Since my mom has passed, my sister and i first took his car keys away to prevent him from buying booze. Most recently we ve had to suspend his phone because he was constantly pestering our friends and neighbors to drive him to the store to buy booze. Now he just seems depressed, he complains that he is a prisoner in his own house. Should my sister and i allow him to endanger himself by drinking his life away or should we continue to hide his keys and keep his phone suspended to keep him from drinking? Is life even worth living if youre just basically on house arrest? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
4 answers 4