Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

Is marriage just not for everyone?

I'm seeing this guy for about 5 years, we're really on and off. On our off day I don't really talk to any guys I don't really do much, but he always talks to other girls. And I confronted him about it and asked him if he was ever going to marry me. He told me marriage isn't for him and what we have now is fine for us. Idk if I ever want to get married, but if I did I would want to with him. Is marriage really not for every one?

Favorite Answer

Someonewho is constantly on and off and where one is happy seeing other people in those off periods (or even on those on periods) is simply not compatible with a happy married life. So?

Either accept that this is as good as it gets with him, and stay. Or realise this is all it is and go. Don't hope or expect a faithful man IF he should ever be convinced to marry you.

What you do from here is up to you.

humans arent born with a specific cell that determines whether they will want to get married or not. its a conscious decision for many and some its forced upon them.

Marriage is only for the 1 percent. For guys, it is for that lucky guy what finds a girl who wants to give him all the sexual release he desires.

• i + i

No, it is not for everyone.

What answer are you fishing

for when you ask about this over,

and over, and over, and over, and

over, and over, and over, and over,

and over, and over, and over, and ...?

You seem to be in a great deal of denial about how uncommitted your guy friend is to you. The on and off relationship, the amount of time you have known him, his continued contact with other women and the fact that he said he does not want to get married are all 100% open and clear reasons why you should leave him.

Honey, he is not all that into you.

Move on before you go wasting another five whole years on him. He is not marriage material. He is not even committed to you. Why waste your time with him? Why? Oh, because you looooove him? Well, think again about that because I would find it very hard to love a man who talks to other women and says he never wants to get married.

Ultimately, you have to decide if you wish to continue to have an off again on again relationship with a man who chases other women and does not want a commitment with you. Because, trust me, after five years, a guy KNOWS if he wants his girlfriend as a wife.

You've very obviously wasted 5 years on him. He has no intention to marry you or commit himself to you in any way. Please find some self-esteem.

You will still need to have sex after marriage so you have no choice

• CB

Certainly marriage may not be for everyone but the flip side of that is there are a lot of people out there that are more compatible and likely a better fit for you and him. Longevity doesn't mean anything if your SO isn't your best friend.