How can I transport my son to see fireworks when he is in a wheelchair? I don't think his chair will fit in a regular trunk? It doesn't fold?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

how is he normally transported? how heavy is it? the trunk doesn't need to close, you just tie it shut.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Rent a U-Haul and it is August your asking this quite a bit late or is it early for you.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You've never taken your son out before???

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Gee, my Mom had a folding chair. We'd put it in the boot of the El Camino--a flat storage area behind seat and under the bed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • D J
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

How do you transport your child normally? A mini van would work, you could also rent a fold able transport chair. You could also check with the local public transportation for special buses for special needs individuals.

• 6 months ago

Buy some fireworks of your own.

• Road Warrior6 months agoReport

Stop Thumbing me down, My Mom WAS in a wheelchair from about 1974 to when she passed on in 2003.

• 6 months ago

Mini van- almost seems many were made for wheel chair users. Sliding back doors, large back doors that may lift up high enough for wheel chair to roll up and then get anchored to back floor area. Last year did a minor project with 2002 Town and Country- 2 adults, 3 kids and wheelchair fit and room for groceries. . removed 1/2 of back seats, added couple extra bolts, D rings and extended seat belt for heel chair user. about 10 years old. Another guy has heavy power wheel chair, van has been modified with joystick control for his one good arm, loads from side . Small pickup used by family before the mini van, couple people only and wheel chair was tucked into back bed, got one at a time to docs as needed but not whole family like Mini Van. SUV and crossovers used sometimes- folding back seats or removable back seat for the wheel chairs- passenger doors may be minor problem compared to sliding doors on mini van.

• 6 months ago

Use a small trailer or a carrier that bolts onto the back of most vehicles.

• 6 months ago

The only option would be the backseat of the vehicle.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Rent a wheelchair accessible car. Or rent a fold away wheel chair.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.