Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 6 months ago

People think I am a racist because of my taste in music?

The trash we call "gangsta rap" is just that - trash. Absolute blasphemy it is to refer to that as music, as art.

Am I a racist because I prefer Ludwig van Beethoven and Richard Wagner to a bunch of dread-sporting thugs who don't pull their pants up?

My favorites are the Beethoven's various symphonies, "Donna e Mobile," and Wagner's "Rise of the Valkyries."

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

How on earth is that racist? You're absolutely right about everything you wrote.

Gangsta rap is really trash. Nothing to do with the race that produces it. Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker...all those African American jazz musicians were absolute gods. None of the gangsta rappers are worthy to even wipe their asses.

• 4 months ago

You're a culturist. not a racist. I have no problem with skin color. I do have a problem with certain cultures. Not all members of the black race are fans of hip-hop and (c)rap.

• 5 months ago

find new pals,,they are dope thuggy wannabe illiterates

• John
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Race clearly has nothing to do with it. By definition, a song contains both music and lyrics. Rap is only lyrics. If it is an art form it would best be classified as some sort of poetry. Classical music is instrumental only. It can only be classified as music.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

anything is racist nowadays

• Gregg
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I'm a classical music lover myself and I don't think it's racist. Beethoven and Chopin are tops for me and Chopin's solo piano are among my favorites.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

just prove them wrong

• 6 months ago

>>to a bunch of dread-sporting thugs who don't pull their pants up? >>

I guess that kind of person would think you were racist then. Who cares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beethoven and Wagner is Classical music and its world is a very different place to the ghetto. If you ever get into Opera you'll find it can be very snarky in its own way. I doubt that falling-off-pants people would have the attention span for it.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, most people think that. However, your liking Wagner points to something similar, but not exactly the same. Guess which political party? (Hint: They were the ONLY party in Germany from 1933 to 1945.)

• 6 months ago

they shouldnt think youre a racist cause of that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.