Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Is this abnormal behavior?

I sometimes like to think of myself as a celebrity. I try to act like a celebrity. I wear the super expensive designer clothes that celebrities wear (ones that I can't afford) because it makes me look rich and famous even though I'm not. I also have a whole shelf of makeup because that's how much makeup celebrities use. I sometimes tell people I meet that I'm a famous singer/actress in another country like Germany. I don't like why I act like this but it it some kind of delusional disorder?

This is not a delusional disorder as you are aware you are not really a famous celebrity.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to dress in expensive clothes and designer gear. The rest of what you describe falls under the category of lying, not delusion. Its also not too uncommon for people to try and trend with celebrities and pretend to be famous.

• Kelley

Live a truthful life. Start loving yourself. Ask God what He made you to do in life and begin doing that.

i dont think so