Since most believe God is Jesus and God is the Holy Spirit why don't most believe Jesus is the Holy Spirit? Isn't that contradictive?

Update:

@ CHI GIRL

You have me confused with GOD; "having a hard time with" trinitarians belief because GOD SAID!

THE SPIRIT is "DIVERSITIES OF OPERATIONS but the same GOD" in I Corinthians 12:6 defined as >>>"MANY"<<< in I Corinthians 12:11-12.

Now who is MAN to try and OVERRULE GOD in a MAN MADE "trinity" when GOD SAID "DIVERSITIES OF OPERATIONS" and are >>>"MANY"<<< and NOT just "3."

Even an elementary child can understand "MANY" is MORE THAN "3."

Update 2:

@ANON

I John 5:7-8 is an "ADD" (Revelation 22:18) on by the RCC who left JESUS out of heaven and erroneously starting teaching "Jesus is the Word" when "GOD" had NOT "manifested Himself into the flesh" (I Timothy 3:16) "in the beginning" (John 1:1).

GOD SAID Is 63:3 "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment."

Update 3:

YOU DON'T CARE WHAT GOD SAID WHEN HE SAID THAT HE IS "DIVERSITIES OF OPERATIONS" (I COR 12:6) DEFINED AS "MANY" AND NOT JUST "3" OR SOME TRIANGLE IN I CORINTHIANS 12:11-12!

GOD IS GOING TO KILL YOU TRINITARIANS FOR TRYING TO >>>STOP HIM<<< AT JUST "3" WHEN HE SAID "NONE CAN STOP ME" IN DANIEL 4:35!

GO WITH MAN AND DIE!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

If Mary is a Smith and Todd is a Smith, it doesn't mean that Mary is Todd.

• norine10 months agoReport

If Mary and Todd are "ONE SELFSAME SPIRIT" (I Cor 2:11-12) >>>IT DOES!<<<

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

1) Since most believe God is Jesus and God is the Holy Spirit why don't most believe Jesus is the Holy Spirit? Isn't that contradictive?

No, it is not "contradictive".

Most people who believe that God is Jesus and that God is the Holy Spirit

also believe in the doctrine of trinity

which (among several other things) teaches that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are distinct "persons" eternally united as God.

• ...Show all comments

"GOD HAS REVEALED BY HIS SPIRIT" (I COR 2:10) WHICH IS "HARD TO BE UNDERSTOOD TO THOSE WHO ARE UNLEARNED AND UNSTABLE [WITHOUT HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM] TO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION" (I PET 3:16)!

• 10 months ago

Actually, most do.. at least in line with the revealed nature of the "Trinity"... each are different and separate from one another... but they are all one.

• ...Show all comments

JESUS SAID "I AM THE HOLY SPIRIT" IN JOHN 14:18 SO WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT "3RD DISTINCT PERSON" OF YOUR BELOVED >>>IDOL<<< OF A "TRINITY?"

• 10 months ago

yes many christians believe in the 3in1 trinity, however almost half the world is muslim, so almost half the world doesnt believe in the trinity.

Latter day Saints of the Church of Jesus Christ also dont believe in the trinity, why? because Joseph Smith jr. saw God the Father and Jesus in a vision, side by side. and the dispensation of the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ began with this revelation aka the first vision. and because Joseph Smith saw this vision, and he saw two personages, he later taught taht the trinity was the imagination of a man. when Joseph thought to ask what church to join. He was told not to join any of them... they were all "wrong"

if Joseph smith saw this first vision and IF he indeed restored the Church of Jesus Christ, than there is no other church and he would be correct about the godhead not being a trinity.

• ...Show all comments

JESUS SAID "I AM THE HOLY SPIRIT" IN JOHN 14:18 SO WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT "3RD DISTINCT PERSON" OF YOUR BELOVED >>>IDOL<<< OF A "TRINITY?"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

John 14:16-18 shows that Jesus returned in the form of the Holy Spirit.

"In the GLORY of the Holy Spirit" according to Acts 1:2 as promised in John 14:18!

• Paul
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

God consists of three distinct divine Persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

• ...Show all comments

• 10 months ago

We Christians know God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit = 3 Persons in ONE God.

Our elementary school-aged children understand that. Why are you having such a hard time with it?

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 10 months ago

Or even "contradictory"?

• ...Show all comments

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

All religions are cults and each cult gets to make its own rules, that's why there are so many different beliefs.

WE GET THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED BY THEIR FAKE NEWS! THEY HAVE NEVER KNOWN HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM GIVES THEM "THE MIND OF CHRIST" (I COR 2:16) WHO HAS "ONE MIND" (PHIL 2:2) BUT THE RCC TAUGHT THEM WATER BAPTISM THAT DOES NOTHING!

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

All three are interchangeable.

• ...Show all comments

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.