Wasn't Jesus in flesh before but Spirit after the cross? If so, why don't people believe He came back; a second coming?

ROMANS 8:9 SAYS

"BUT YE ARE NOT IN THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRT, IF SO BE THAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD DWELL IN YOU. NOW IF ANY MAN HAVE NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, HE IS NONE OF HIS."

WELL YOU'D BETTER PRAY HE CAME BACK SO HE CAN "DWELL IN YOU...OR YOU ARE NONE OF HIS."

@ ANON

WE MUST BE "QUICKENED" LIKE JESUS ALSO IN ORDER TO HAVE "ETERNAL LIFE!"

THE HOLY WAY WE ARE "QUICKENED" IS BY THE "POWER THAT COMES UPON US" (ACTS 1:8) WITH HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (ACTS 1:5) OR WE WON'T HAVE "ETERNAL LIFE" (I CORINTHIANS 15:54-55).

BE CAREFUL WITH ACTS 2 BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE PETER FORGOT WHAT JESUS SAID IN ORDER TO BE "QUICKENED" AND DIDN'T >>>"REMEMBER"<<< UNTIL ACTS 11:15-16.

Nope. He resurrected himself into tangible, physical life, health, and immortality. Sure he has an immortal spirit, along with his immortal body, constituting an immortal soul. He can no more be born a second time than you can.

• norine5 months agoReport

If you can't DISPLAY HIS PROMISES of "POWER" (Acts 1:5) "Spiritual gifts" (I Cor 12:7-10) and "Signs following" (Mark 16:17-18) received AFTER Holy Spirit baptism *(Acts 1:5; I Cor 12:13; Mk 16:16) you are STILL a "DEAD spirit" (Rm 5:12; I Cor 15:21-22) and NOTHING but a FICTITIOUS Christian

1) Wasn't Jesus in flesh before but Spirit after the cross?

No, as Jesus himself plainly and clearly taught in the Bible.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luk+2...

Like his Father, Jesus is eternal Spirit. He was temporarily made flesh, and born of a virgin to prove that God was his Father - so he could die in his flesh to pay the penalty of death for our sins.

His flesh died upon the cross and his Spirit was quickened unto eternal life.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, >>>being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:<<<

>.If so, why don't people believe He came back; a second coming?<,

They dont understand or accept clear scripture.

Jesus left the earth as a quickened Spirit, and thats how he returned

Act 1:11 Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, >>>shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven>>>.

SPIRITUALLY

Read Acts 2. That was Jesus.

John 20

"But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

• norine5 months agoReport

Though THE DOORS WERE LOCKED, Jesus came and stood among them ..." (Jn 20:19) so JESUS was in a SPIRITUAL BODY walking through walls. "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of heaven" (I Cor 15:50) but "Why stand ye hear gazing this SAME JESUS will return..." (Acts 1:11)

there are several theological verses here that need to be discussed.

the bible new testament plainly says that Jesus was resurrected in the flesh, bodily. He appeared to his disciples and said a spirit does not have flesh and bones. and he invited them to feel and investigate the wounds. Jesus sweat drops of blood from every pore, the night before, and asked if Heavenly Father would take this cup away, but then he said: Thy will be done. (english translation) showing Two different wills and submission to God as the Son.

as for the 2nd coming, it has not happened yet. Thess ch. 4 says this day will not happen till the antichrist appears. and John writes in his revelation a few other signs in prophecy that would come to pass first. Rev `11: says there are two witnesses that come from the throne of God, they will have a ministry of many days and then be killed and then be resurrected. oh yeah, and the antichrist will cause that everyone receive a mark and deny Christ, those that will not deny Christ will be beheaded. and this antichrist will call down fire from heaven. he will deceive the nations with mighty signs and wonders. dont be deceived.

also, Jesus promised that he would he would come quickly, and He did, he ascended to Heavenly Father, and returned and did 40 days of visiting the earth and population, even those "other sheep he had" read the book of Mormon ! when he ascended into the sky again the second time, it was said that he would return in the clouds with glory. ON that day Everyone that offends will be burned, they will be like ashes under the feet of the righteous. See the prophecy of Malachi. So ! you see if Jesus had returned for his 2nd coming, none of us would exist, and if he does return in our generations, Probably most every city on earth will be destoryed , malachi adds that even the plants that God did not plant will be destroyed.. Latter day Saint scriptures and modern revelation says that Those that are NOT tithed will be burned. They call tithing in this instance "fire insurance".

• norine5 months agoReport

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" (II Cor 9:6-7)

Read Acts chapter one.

• norine5 months agoReport

Acts 1:2?

• Paul

He was Spirit from all eternity, with the Father and the Holy Spirit. He took on flesh when the Father caused His human mother to become pregnant with Him.

Jesus was to rise on the third day. He came back from the dead in the same body. That's why he wasn't found, for example, in his sepulcher and that's why the stone was rolled out of the way. It's also why Jesus said handle me and that it was actually him to Thomas, saying in Luke 24:39, "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." The "second coming" refers to a different event. What you described, with partial accuracy, was the resurrection, if I read what you typed in your question right.

Very interesting question.

I think you stumped them.

• norine5 months agoReport

"It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing to turn away from the holy commandment delivered unto them" (II Peter 2:21)