Why can’t Christians think for themselves?

Favorite Answer

They can but they are afraid to answer out of the box.

• Ann

That old line. We do think for ourselves, sweetie. Not agreeing with you, doesn't mean we don't.

Because my mind requires a God-given brain and soul to work.

I do, Einstein. I do. What, did you think I was going to mindlessly believe you? Dream on.

Many of us do!

It causes us problems both in the church building and in the secular class room.

It is not right to make statements that might be true of 80% of a population as if they are true of 100% of the population.

What I mean is there is the same percentage of non-thinking atheists as there is non-thinking Christians. The 80/20 rule applies and is the accepted pattern of dispersion on this and many other issues. It means 20% of the group does 80% of the thinking. The rest are just followers who are too lazy to think for themselves.

False assumption, so the question is moot.

I'm a Christian and I can think for myself. most Christians are more capable of thinking for themselves than the average person because the average person there's a lot of dope drinks a lot of alcohol and smokes a lot of tobacco these things dull the brain since Christians don't do these things our brains are going to be sharper than those people that do those things.

The Christian church has a long history of punishing and/or executing anyone who thinks for themselves.

• .

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

• .

Repeating something I heard.

I think for myself everyday.