Musical Writer's Block?

I have a question about writer's block or more specifically how to overcome it. I have been playing and writing music for about 7 years now and for the past year and a half i have been focusing specifically on a passion project of mine. I have finally reached a point of relative satisfaction with the project and am currently working on a live show for it. The past 6 months or so have been a dry spell, i have produced several tracks in the time period, but none of which have quite met my standards compared to my earlier work. I am now planning on working on a follow-up to this first project, but everytime i sit down to write i end up never satisfied with any of the ideas i come up with. I feel like i have lost all of my creativity and it really has put me in a really dark place. I don't like complaining, but i really just feel like i am no longer adequate. I don't know if i should just focus on the music i have already created or just take a break all together. If anyone has advice for overcoming a block i would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Enjoy a week of silence then come back to

It ok.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Wild guess

Satan is trying to kill us~ get your @z back in there and write an awe inspiring bridge mofo.

I'm not a composer and I don't feel confident trying to advise you based on what I know about writing text. However, I can give you a suggestion.

If you don't know already, a Google search gives you a HUGE number of websites with advice. Search with "overcoming composer's block." I have to think you'll find the answer somewhere in these sites.

The question is, how do you know what the best advice is, with so many sources? One way is your intuition. Another way - and I think the best - is consensus. Survey all the sites and look for ideas that pop up again and again. I can't imagine that all those people with advice are saying entirely different things, and common sense tells me that the most effective ideas will be popular.