If people are complaining we’re producing too much carbon for the atmosphere, why don’t they create more oxygen?

(Actually asking, I dont know the science behind it...)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Retief
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They could create more oxygen - plants do it already. But when we burn down the forests not only does that put a lot of CO2 into the air, but those trees that gave off a lot of oxygen don't do anything anymore.

• Who
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

the earth is a closed system- how you gonna create more oxygen?

(and plants do NOT "create" oxygen

they take in CO2 - split the C from the O2 and release the O2 into the air

(They use the C to grow

THATS where the weight of plant come from - the carbon from the CO2 in the air )

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Oxygen is created by Plants. What more Oxygen, stop cutting down or burning the Trees.

Put out all the fires in the Amazon Rain Forest. The Amazon produces 25% of the Worlds Oxygen.

• 5 months ago

Oxygen content of air is about 20% (200,000 ppm), which is about 500 times more than the content of CO2 at about 400 ppm, so even if the amount of O2 mattered, there would be a huge excess of O2 and it would not matter. this is, in fact the case, because CO2 already has taken up all the oxygen that it ever will because O2 is in such large excess.

Oxygen is not a factor in the CO2 problem.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

How do you think oxigen is created? It's done by plants, and we are destroying plants wholesale. Haven't you heard about those forest fires in Brazil and Siberia?

• Tom S
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Oxygen is created in stars, not plants. Plants can break-up CO2 releasing the oxygen, and sequestering the carbon.

• 5 months ago

Because they'd rather complain loudly and demand more taxpayer money than actually do anything to fix the problem.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Human exhale CO2 so the simple solution is they just stop breathing if they really believe in global warming.

• Tom S
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Show us how it is done.

• 5 months ago

One of the things we need to do is to plant more trees.

The other is to use less fuel.

There are other things we can do such as recycle more. In specific all of those little solar powered lights we use. These could be used with a cup of water and left out in the sun light. They would break down the water into oxygen and hydrogen which would be released into the air. On a larger scale water could be pumped up from areas where there are hazardous materials. The water could be put into tanks and by using those same little do-dads toxic materials could be isolated, free oxygen released and the hydrogen recovered to fuel hydrogen powered cars.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Our atmosphere can only be X much stuff, and the higher carbon means lower oxygen levels until, in the future, enough plant/algae actually DOES create more oxygen and consume carbon dioxide.

That's Thousands of years.

The issue is too much carbon reflects the sunlight back onto the earth, holding in the heat. More oxygen won't help.

• Anne5 months agoReport

I heard more carbon means hotter and more oxygen meant colder atmosphere, I think I heard that in like middle school.. thats why I assumed if we can just produce more oxygen same way we do carbon..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.