Quitting a job when you like your boss?

I have decided to leave my job as I feel it is not a good fit for me. My boss is great and has always treated me well and I’m really nervous to tell her because I’m pretty sure she isn’t going to expect this from me. She also has alot going on in her personal life around the time that I am leaving and I’m worried... show more I have decided to leave my job as I feel it is not a good fit for me. My boss is great and has always treated me well and I’m really nervous to tell her because I’m pretty sure she isn’t going to expect this from me. She also has alot going on in her personal life around the time that I am leaving and I’m worried that I will be leaving her short handed and it will effect her plans. I want to give a 3 weeks notice so she hopefully has time to find a replacement but everytime I plan to put my notice in I end up chickening out. Everyone close to me knows how unhappy I’ve been at this job and they tell me I need to do what’s best for me and leave but I can’t help but feel bad leaving at this time and almost feel like I should stay longer even though I really don’t want to. Side note: I do have another job lined up but it is working for my mom so I don’t have an official day I need to start. Any advice?
11 answers 11