Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography Β· 6 months ago

Is this picture good?

Or what to add or change in it?

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

The vignette is too much. the picture is sharp which is good but could have added some negative clarity to lead the eye to the main subject. Also, I would have framed this differently with the subjects head in the picture.

• 6 months ago

"Good" is SO subjective.

Here are some questions:

1. What were you trying to say with this picture, it's subject matter?

2. Why did you choose black and white?

3. How long did it take to set the shot up? Was it thought out?

4. Were there other shots taken? In other poses?

5. Mostly though I'd like to know your mindset with this subject matter.

As for me, I like movement. This is a human being I assume (rather than a blow up doll), and I'm also going to assume they are alive, so humans move. They are breathing beings. I find it static and just an attempt to shock people. It's too obvious to me. If you're looking to show "bounding" and "fear" then you need to show that in the picture. This doesn't do it.

With that being said, I pray that this isn't an attempt by your or someone else to hurt this person. I noticed your personal icon is reminiscent of the main character in "A Clockwork Orange." That was quite a violent film, just saying.

• Martin S
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

It's the icon for an anonymous question - nothing to do with A Clockwork Orange

• 6 months ago

If you like it and think it's good, then it's an amazing picture. If you don't like it, use it as a guide to help do better next time.:)

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I don't like it. I don't like the theme. I don't like the way the body is framed. I don't like how the ground looks. I don't like how the body and the background/ foreground were put together. I don't like that I'm suggesting it's faked. I don't like that I'm thinking it's fake because of course it's fake but the way the faked fake shot doesn't seem credible enough. I don't like that I don't like a lot of it. I just don't like seeing dead bodies - too many of those from around my place. Maybe I've seen too much of those already. Yours isn't authentic enough. I'm not suggesting you actually do it to get a better picture. I don't like the way I'm thinking right now and where this is leading to so I'd better stop.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Frank
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The vignette is too strong for my taste.

The camera angle makes it look like the person's head is missing.

Overall, it's okay. It really doesn't tell much of a story on it's own, but in the context of other images it could be okay.

• Opus
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

They gray tones are a little bit mushy.

• David
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No need to change it because it shows the better side of you and just about sums you up.

• 6 months ago

I like itπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• 6 months ago

You being arrested

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No it is not!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.