Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 3 months ago

Can Elton John really make Harry and Meghan's flights carbon neutral by paying a certain amount to a charity?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

No he can't but he will scream, and throw a hissy fit if you say he can't.

He'll then brand you a homophobe live on TV if you don't back down.

It's small bald man syndrome but FFS don't tell him....

• 3 months ago

You must surely know that what Elton J. said is nonsense. No, it can't do that!!

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No of course not, they still flew did'nt they?? they are hypocrites saying do what we say, not what we do!

• 3 months ago

No, just giving some money, in a futile attempt to lessen one's carbon footprint does nothing until a planted tree reaches maturity, by that time we will all be walking around with oxygen cylinders.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Nope. But the elite can cover their conscious by paying to do the very thing they frown upon others doing. Rules are for you and me and not for them.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It only helps a bit,doesn't make it carbon neutral, and the "charity" deals with the carbon footprint issues, perhaps for the development of carbon neutral forms of transportation. The only way to not leave a carbon footprint is to not use planes, trains, trucks, cars...

Meghan and Harry can choose not to rely on privately-owned planes.

• Brian
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

In a word, no.All this over the top save the planet stuff is a hobby only to be enjoyed by the middle and upper classes and work shy students or old hippy types who havent done a days work in their lives, they like to pontificate and lecture the common working class person and brow beat us for having the audacity to dare use an airoplane for the yearly family holiday while the the wealthy among them jet intercontinentaly in the fashion you or i might take a city bus.Elton John is a great musician but like many famous folks hes quick to get on his soap box about politics of the world while having lived and continuing to live a very lavish lifestyle himself.I dont have anything against Elton or Harry and Megan per say, but i am getting a bit of a sour feeling at all this preaching, especially since they have hardly adopted a truely eco friendly lifestyle themselves.Most people here in the UK are busy trying to cover their bills and dont have time or energy for all this greenpeace stuff, and those living in the developing world certainly dont need to hear this stuff when just getting some food on their plate is an acheivment.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

The rich think they can pay their way out of anything. Hypocrites. Use regular flights? That's for poor suckers like you and me.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

That's how carbon offset schemes work. The only real way to make flights carbon neutral is not to have planes.

• 3 months ago

A guilt pill is not quite the same as not polluting to begin with. So, no.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.