Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

While Trump backs off trade war due to Xmas, China just announced new $75B tariffs on US goods. Who is really winning here?

Update:

It sounds to me Trump is the one afraid here.

Update 2:

Trump said trade war on hold due to Xmas, but China turned around and said "you are on hold, we are not. We raised tariffs on you, and manipulated our currency. Your move". If Trump doesn't do anything to retaliate, it will demonstrate to China massive weakness.

Update 3:

@The Taxpayer - no they won't. Energy and agricultural products are the only 2 things China needs to massively import. China got deals with south American countries on agricultural products, oil remains low and China now steals access to South China Sea massive oil field.

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Definitely China.  Trump keeps shifting his positions but China just ignores and stays the course.

• 6 months ago
  • 6 months ago

It'll change, but the way this is going, China cannot win short term... USA cannot win long term..China can go backwards much more readily than our spoiled USA people.

• Trump also delay Huawei ban over and over again. After saying its a national security.

Trump did that because this year china bought 24 - 28% less from America compare to last year whilst U.S bought 1% more from china this year than they did last year.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

so

how come Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama never dealt with the trade unbalance and unfair subsidies in China

sure USA has subsidies and need to get rid of them too.....

but the people are all about what it gets them NOW not the right thing

Trump is rude and gets the job done

China cannot stand the loss that long.. they are not self sufficient and need us to buy their stuff

they can only "print so much money then fail" While the USA would take years to build new factories to make things china does... the average worker in china makes $280.00 a month

the real part people in the USA would deal with is paying for items made by USA workers paid $2600.00 per month .. this means the cost of things will be higher ....

I do wonder how USA liberals feel it is OK to force Chinese people to work slave wages so they can buy cheap stuff

• ...Show all comments
    • gibbsmb
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

Of course he buys stuff.. If you buy "stuff" what else are you going to buy? I don't think USA liberals think it's OK to pay Chinese slave wages. If you want "stuff" you really don't have much choice.

• Nick
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The United States hasn’t been winning at anything in a long time but they are definitely losing as long as that fat moron is in charge.

• 6 months ago

If we do not reach a compromise with China that is a little more favorable to the US, China will be able to bring America to it's knees whenever they feel like it. They are keeping all these dollars they are making and they could end our democracy eventually with a call for repayment.

• A.J.
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

The "dollars" are only usable to buy USA goods and services or trade on the currency exchange. The US long bonds cannot be cashed in. They can only be resold, or held to maturity. Trump will get little from China, just as NAFTA 2 is like NAFTA 1.

• 6 months ago

I think this action will cause a lot of new considerations, seeing as we only have $ 30 billion coming in from tariffs on twice as much as we import as export to the PRC.

• ...Show all comments
    • Larry C
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

A.J., I know who pays, and Mr. Trump's idea is to have the Chinese pay more than us, not vise versa, so it adversely affects them, and we have the ability to do that.

• 6 months ago

my company sells product into the agricultural, industrial, construction and energy segments.... all are still reporting their best years in over a decade.... and a good chunk of that is renewed export sales...

customers in three other countries, however, have told me that Chinese companies are offering steep discounts...and Chinese shipping companies are offering to move 40-foot ocean containers full of Chinese goods for under $500 (the going rate last year was over $2,000)...

....do you have enough familiarity with business to understand what these signs indicate?

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Neither country is really winning but the US is losing more than it is winning.

• 6 months ago

All the poor suckers who can't spend 1100 dollars on the new iPhone may by slave child labor..aren't

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.