Can I have a service animal?

So hi I suffer from anxiety, depression, PTSD, and anxiety attacks. I also suffer from suicidal thoughts. I have been to two psychiatric hospitals within the last year. When I have anxiety attacks I'm not always immediately aware of my surroundings, but it's not a super huge issue. But I'm having a lot... show more So hi I suffer from anxiety, depression, PTSD, and anxiety attacks. I also suffer from suicidal thoughts. I have been to two psychiatric hospitals within the last year. When I have anxiety attacks I'm not always immediately aware of my surroundings, but it's not a super huge issue. But I'm having a lot of trouble lately and it is really easy for me to have panic attacks around people, and sometimes extreme PTSD attacks. I think a service animal might also help me because I can sometimes forget that anyone cares, and really want to just die. I don't know if I could have a service animal though, or is that an emotional support animal. If it were a service animal I would be able to take it anywhere but if it wasn't I couldn't necessarily take it to school or anywhere where I would need it it would only be at my house. But I don't know if I qualify.
17 answers 17