La asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 6 months ago

Eventually Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, Staples, Barnes and Noble will go out of business.?

• Possibly, smaller businesses seam to die out before larger box stores do. Also more people are shopping on line then in stores. I haven't gone shopping in a store in a long time, I don't have a lot of time to do that.

Target, Sears, and I believe Office Depot have gone out of business where I live.

• DEBS

Any company which does not adapt to the times will struggle and like eventually go out of business. Target, Walmart, and Best Buy (at minimum) have been evolving their business model for a long time now and are in a decent position to not have issues. Target actually just blew away earning estimates.

• audrey

Amazon will eat everything.

• Jay

Maybe...maybe not. The McCormick Spice company was founded in 1889 and they are still in business.

King Arthur Flour has been in Business since 1790 and they are still going..

But Pan AM airlines started in the 1920' and everyone thought they were the best...but they went out of business in 1991(?)

So yes...it is entirely possible and somewhat probable that one or more of those companies will eventually go out of business.

Can you tell me tomorrow’s lottery numbers?

Yes, eventually that happens to all businesses.