Can I call the police if I get kicked out and locked out of the apartment?

I recently turned 18, and my sister is a very angry person. She comes home in fits of anger and takes it out on me, puts her hands on me and kicks me out of the apartment. The apartment is not hers, she is not on the lease. Two days ago, I was backed into the corner, hit in the face and forced to leave. She then... show more I recently turned 18, and my sister is a very angry person. She comes home in fits of anger and takes it out on me, puts her hands on me and kicks me out of the apartment. The apartment is not hers, she is not on the lease. Two days ago, I was backed into the corner, hit in the face and forced to leave. She then locked me out. I had to find somewhere to charge my phone so I went to an empty school and was left there for around 4 hours (until 3am). When the roommate finally let me in, she was asleep.
If this happens again, can I call the police? I have nowhere else to go.