Will my credit be checked as an occupant on an apartment lease? Help!?

My boyfriend has the lease for an apartment in his name. I have no income so i was not on the lease. He was approved and everything but the landlord told us if I am going to be in the apartment 7 consecutive days at any time then I am considered an occupant and I need to do an occupant application. But the problem... show more My boyfriend has the lease for an apartment in his name. I have no income so i was not on the lease. He was approved and everything but the landlord told us if I am going to be in the apartment 7 consecutive days at any time then I am considered an occupant and I need to do an occupant application. But the problem with that is, I have a broken lease on my name, from about 4 years ago, I was young and stupid and signed my name on a lease with friends who turned out to be really narcissistic people. But anyway the broken lease on my credit, if they run my credit I am almost certain It will be a deal breaker. I heard some landlords only do background checks on occupants, some do credit and background. I have no problem with my background being ran, I have no criminal records the probem will be if my credit is checked. I didn't want to ask the landlord because that would look suspicious. Do you think my credit will be checked?