Cartalige piercing at 14?

I am turning 14 in a few months and was thinking about asking for a helix (cartalige) piercing for my birthday. I only have my earlobes pierced (once) so far and I got that done when I was 10. So just wondering if you think that this is a good age to get it done. I don’t really see the problem with it personally because it’s a very common piercing, won’t affect my chances of getting a good job later in life and I can just take it out if I don’t like it later. Just wanted a second opinion really before I asked my parents about it. Thanks in advance :)

• Laura
    Favorite Answer

I think 14 is a good age for a cartilage piercing.

These take a long time to heal 6 - 12 months, but at 14 you should be old enough to be able to take care of it properly so it doesn't get infected or irritated.

• Judith

I wouldn't do anything I can't spell. That includes "cartalige" piercing.

• 6 months agoReport

I won’t report you from now on. I called off the police investigation

i would talk to your parents about it

I got my cartilage pierce when I was 15 .......................

Piercings show the world that you are not particularly smart. They are ugly and distracting. AND they show everyone that you are downright stupid if you want to permanently deface your body.

PS: Don't be so sure that stupid piercings won't affect your employment qualifications. You don't even know how to spell "cartilage."

• Andreyia6 months agoReport

You sound ignorant. They’re not ugly, that’s your opinion. You made this sound like she was thinking about doing something completely abnormal and rare. Plus, they aren’t permanent, if she decides that she doesn’t want it later on, she can take it out and her hole will close in.

I don't see why i'd be a bad idea. My younger step sister got one at your age too.

Edit: Don't listen to the prick above. Small dick.