Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 6 months ago

Ok so I have a friend that is leaving for basic training in a year and I wanted to know if I could send a notebook full of notes and photos?

Can u send notebooks/ journals to people in basic training for the navy?

Only if you have permission.

not a wise idea..........lockers are sometimes tossed as part of the training....and you don't want all that personal crap tossed all over. letters with a few photo's are fine............they will have limited storage space for bulkier items.

NO.................

• Mrsjvb

He won’t have anywhere to store anything bigger than a standard letter.

• ricky

Not likely, but it’s been 48 years ago for me.

• Bill-M

No you can not send a notebook. They don't have room for it and the package will be held by the command or sent back.

They are limited to a small amount of personal items. Any more is considered contraband and tossed out (and they would get in trouble for not being tidy).

Letters are the best option with a few photos during Boot. They do not have much storage and only there 8 plus weeks so not that much time.

With it being a year from now there is always the chance he/she doesn’t go, you are no longer friends, etc...

• John

Writing letters home was mandatory in Basic Training, back in the day. I seriously doubt that notebooks are allowed in Basic Training, today.

They will have almost no personal storage space while attending basic training. Don't send anything they won't have room to keep.

https://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/boot-ca...