Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 6 months ago

Ok so I have a friend that is leaving for basic training in a year and I wanted to know if I could send a notebook full of notes and photos?

Can u send notebooks/ journals to people in basic training for the navy?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Only if you have permission.

• 6 months ago

not a wise idea..........lockers are sometimes tossed as part of the training....and you don't want all that personal crap tossed all over. letters with a few photo's are fine............they will have limited storage space for bulkier items.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

NO.................

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

He won’t have anywhere to store anything bigger than a standard letter.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ricky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not likely, but it’s been 48 years ago for me.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No you can not send a notebook. They don't have room for it and the package will be held by the command or sent back.

• 6 months ago

They are limited to a small amount of personal items. Any more is considered contraband and tossed out (and they would get in trouble for not being tidy).

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Letters are the best option with a few photos during Boot. They do not have much storage and only there 8 plus weeks so not that much time.

With it being a year from now there is always the chance he/she doesn’t go, you are no longer friends, etc...

• John
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Writing letters home was mandatory in Basic Training, back in the day. I seriously doubt that notebooks are allowed in Basic Training, today.

• 6 months ago

They will have almost no personal storage space while attending basic training. Don't send anything they won't have room to keep.

https://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/boot-ca...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.