Travel to south padre island?

My son is 16 years old we want to go to south padre island he has his texas I d and his birth certificate will he still need his passport

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

He’ll only need a passport if you’re traveling from outside the US. SPI is still in the same country and state as any other Texas locale.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • MS
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If you are traveling within the US, then you do not need a passport. While it's a good idea to have ID, children do not need ID to travel within the US, even by air if that's how you're going. If you're driving, there is nothing you need to bring for your child.

• 9 months ago

If you are coming from another country, you might.

• 9 months ago

South Padre Island is in Texas. It's not a foreign country. You don't need a passport. I'm not sure why you think you would need any documents.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No. South Padre Island is part of the state of Texas.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Do you think that might matter where you are traveling from? If out of the country, of course you need a passport. If inside the country, no.

• 9 months ago

You only need a passport if you are leaving the country. If you are already in the United States, a passport is not necessary

• 9 months ago

he won't need a passport if he's travelling from within the US

• 9 months ago

That might depend on where you're traveling FROM.

• ...Show all comments
    • Daniel
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Why do they think that? Because there is a border patrol checkpoint on the highway north of South Padre.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.