why do Amazon packages go from Amazon center to Amazon center?

How are Amazon packages going from Amazon center to Amazon center? Why do Amazon packages sit in Amazon centers so long?

• Judy

Where are you seeing this? They ship same day or next day, directly to the buyer, not to another Amazon center.

Because they do their own delivery for many or even most packages nowadays. I mean start to finish.

I bought 2 items recently. Amazon delivered one, Wed, UPS the other on Thurs. The amazon package showed a picture of the item sitting at my door which is interesting. Does this mean they are not liable if it was stolen?

The package of mine that did not ship via Amazon, I think, was drop shipped by the manufacturer. (Purina)

They had a half off pet food deal with subscribe & save. I did it and cancelled the subscribe & save when I got it. I do that for everything but usually only save 5%.