Do you serve God because you want to or because you are afraid of punishment?

I serve God partially because God makes my life easier and is the only protection I have

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best answer

Both are the heart's desire.

That is a desire to please God and enjoy Him, and also a fear of sin.

• antonius
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

As usual, you make no sense at all. Why would you even want to obey a thing that demands that you accept and believe him.it or he will throw your as in the fire? You are so afraid of that magic man, and afraid not to believe.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Nope.........................................

• 4 months ago

I serve God because I want to, he created me and all other things, and for that I have come to love him.

• 4 months ago

I believe the believers are afraid not claim love of that god thingie and afraid not to pray to it and mumble all sorts of pleadings. It is a scam.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Partly both. And also partly because I love him. A man can have many reasons for doing something.

• 4 months ago

I love Jesus ....................

• 4 months ago

Punishment never enters my mind. I serve God because he is deserving of it.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • As an atheist I believe that there would at the very least not be as many religious adherents to many religions(especially to the abrahamic religions)if the concept of hell was not invented and incorporated(or borrowed from prior religions and incorporated)into these religions.There is the original fear of death(which contributed to the evolution of religions in general)then there is the fear of that invented hell and relative punishment that would contribute in keeping many entangled psyches in their psychic energy field(religion)...

• antonius
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Oh, they are afraid of that devil and his hell!

• sarah
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I do not fear after death since it is going back to what I was before I was born. Which I do not remember that either. For me I want to when I look at the amazing planet he made habitable for humans I feel great love for him.

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

• 4 months ago

I do not "serve" God.

God is neither weak, nor meek.

God creates existence, life, and universes.

God does not need servants.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.