**PROFESSIONAL PIERCERS** PIERCERS PLEASE HELP?

I got my navel (belly botton) pierced about a month ago. I wanna say it’s healing well I would guess? It’s a bit discolored other than that it doesn’t hurt,there’s no blood ,puss or swelling. What can I do to rid the discoloration? Any tips??

• Laura

There is not a professional piercer on this website. If you want help from a professional piercer go to a local piercer.

It takes this piercing 6 - 12 months to fully heal. There are tons of reasons why it could be discolored. If its red its probably irritated. If its grey or black its from the low quality jewelry reacting badly with your skin.

Some discoloration is normal for the healing process too. If you have thin skin you might be able to see the color of the jewelry through your skin too.

Because we can't see it, and because we aren't professional piercers, there isn't much we can do.