Have any of your Co-Workers got the same first name as you,and does it cause confusion?

Favorite Answer

At a job my co-worker & I had the same name and would answer the phone for each other.

- One day, someone called "me" (not the other line I would pick up) and I gave them some advice

- The next day the person called "me" again (my line not the other one I would answer), but thought they had the other person. The caller repeated everything I had said and asked if I agreed with it. I said that "that sounds great".

• Judith

I always worked in offices. In 1968 there were 5 others with my first name so I was asked to use something else. I used the name Julie until I retired. Once I retired I began using my full, formal name. Always hated the nickname of Judy.

For those who used the name Judy - it didn't cause confusion because they worked in different areas. Also their last initial was used; e.g. Judy R, Judy Z. I had forgotten about Judy Z until now.

I'm retired now, and I never ever came across another person in the places that I've work that's had the name Stanley. ;-)

No, but I've been called Jennifer all my life.