2 weeks for a foreclosure?

• Maxi

That is a statement, not a question

No. A foreclosure is a lawsuit for breach of contract to repay the mortgage which requires a judge's approval to take the property to mediate the loss suffered by the borrower (you) defaulting on the loan. In addition, foreclosure is a last resort answer, because they lender would much rather have the money owed than the house. So while proceedings for the foreclosure can begin quickly, it's finality takes much longer. But once proceedings begin, the debt owed on the house becomes larger because foreclosure incurs added expenses, thus getting current on the mortgage sooner than later will save you a lot of money.

And if you are possibly confusing eviction for foreclosure, that can occur in as little as 2 weeks if the landlord knows how to work the system well.

I doubt that would happen.

Not that I have ever heard of. Of course, I live in this tiny little country called America where unlike the idiots from the UK, we don't think we own the world.