Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Can I report this to the police or anyone?

Someone texted me pretending to be my school admissions playing a prank on me about behavioral issues and if I’d be allowed on campus. I know it was dumb for me to think it might be real, as they wouldn’t text me, but school has texted me before and they even said they’d email my student email. I know it was a prank but I’m pretty annoyed. What are my legal rights here?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nope. First amendment.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

You didn't like the answers you received two days ago?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Please, please, please report it to the police. Then get back to us as to what their reaction was.

• not
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You better get used to this. Adults have phone calls, texts and emails all day everyday. You really have to pay attention, sniff out this stuff. Naive people get suckered all day long. Legal rights start at actual injury, money taken. There is no legal proceeding for embarrasment.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, report it to the police.. When they are caught up with investigations of rape, robbery, auto theft , arson, narcotics cases , , domestic violence ,etc they may have time to investigate your complaint.c

• 6 months ago

Nope. Comes under the general heading of practical joke. People often think they have recourse to the law and damages for vague reasons, but you've suffered no loss, no injury (except maybe to your pride for being stupid enough to believe the text), and no financial damage, so I'm afraid you just have to suck it up. Oh and you might give it a little laugh. They got you good!

• 6 months ago

You might be able to get them on fraud, but I don't know if the police would put much time or effort into this. Schools do use email these days, but rarely text messages except for things like closures in bad weather.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.