Can I report this to the police?

I got an anonymous text message saying I have failed as a parent because my son is a junkie and my daughter a criminal of vile crimes. I don’t know who this is and I didn’t think my son did drugs or that my daughter did anything. Can I go to the police to find out who this person is? Can they get in trouble? They only texted me once and haven’t responded to me

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Layne
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Laws need to change and LEOS should protect the innocent. Especially if the suspects go back and kill the victim. Judges need to be jailed for a week. sighs.

• car253
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Ignore it. They could have got the wrong number.

• Daphne6 months agoReport

LMAO!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Turns out it isn't a crime to be a gossip.

• 6 months ago

it was a 13 year old kid who sent several of these because he is bored. forget him unless he sends more

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Neil
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Report away. Won’t matter, but you can do it. Police investigate crimes, not hurt feelings.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

you can ask and see what they can do. if it keeps happening, and if they find out, you can ask to file against for harassment.

• 6 months ago

Sorry but the police won't do anything. Even if you were threatened, there's not much they will do. Apparently they have to wait until something happens.

My son receives harassing texts from his ex wife's new husband. He has an app that can change his phone number and it is untraceable.

So yeah, people can pretty much get away with texting ANYTHING and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to harass people. It's sickening.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Single mothers are one of the most disgusting creature on the planet

• katydid
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

No, people like YOU are.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.