Can I report this to the police?

I got an anonymous text message saying I have failed as a parent because my son is a junkie and my daughter a criminal of vile crimes. I don’t know who this is and I didn’t think my son did drugs or that my daughter did anything. Can I go to the police to find out who this person is? Can they get in trouble? They only texted me once and haven’t responded to me

• Layne

Laws need to change and LEOS should protect the innocent. Especially if the suspects go back and kill the victim. Judges need to be jailed for a week. sighs.

• car253

Ignore it. They could have got the wrong number.

• Daphne6 months agoReport

LMAO!

Turns out it isn't a crime to be a gossip.

it was a 13 year old kid who sent several of these because he is bored. forget him unless he sends more

• Neil

Report away. Won’t matter, but you can do it. Police investigate crimes, not hurt feelings.

• Kyle

you can ask and see what they can do. if it keeps happening, and if they find out, you can ask to file against for harassment.

Sorry but the police won't do anything. Even if you were threatened, there's not much they will do. Apparently they have to wait until something happens.

My son receives harassing texts from his ex wife's new husband. He has an app that can change his phone number and it is untraceable.

So yeah, people can pretty much get away with texting ANYTHING and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to harass people. It's sickening.

Single mothers are one of the most disgusting creature on the planet

• katydid

No, people like YOU are.